Herb-grilled Spiny Lobster Tails
Total Time: 25 min
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 20 min
Yield: 4 servings
- • 4 (1 1/2-pound) spiny lobsters
- • 4 tablespoons olive oil
- • 4 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- • 4 ounces chopped fresh herbs of your choice (we like to use Italian parsley, basil, thyme, tarragon and a bit of rosemary)
- • Kosher salt
- • 1 stick (1/4-pound) butter, cut in 8 pieces
- • 1 cup clarified butter
- • Freshly ground black pepper
- • 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- • 8 lemon wedges
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Preheat the grill to high.
Split lobsters; butterfly from the top and remove intestines. Rinse head area in cold water to remove any waste matter.
In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, and all of the garlic and chopped herbs. Set aside.
Brush lobsters lightly with remaining oil and grill for approximately 5 minutes, meaty side down. Turn halfway through for grill marking and even cooking. Remove lobsters from grill, and place on a sheet pan, meaty side up. Coat with the herb and garlic mixture and season with salt and pepper. Place 2 pieces of butter on each lobster tail and put in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the clarified butter mixed with the lemon juice. Drizzle over lobster as a sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges.